Commercial Dispute Resolution
Our commercial dispute resolution department offers comprehensive and cost effective dispute resolution advice regardless of the nature of the dispute.
We appreciate that when commercial relationships deteriorate and break down there are many commercial factors that will dictate the appropriate approach to dispute resolution. Traditionally the courts were viewed as the forum for dispute resolution however in recent times alternative forms of dispute resolution, such as mediation and arbitration, have become more prevalent.
We aim to identify the most appropriate forum to resolve disputes with a view to securing the most economically advantageous outcome for our clients. We have vast experience of acting for plaintiffs and defendants in the High Court, Circuit Court and District Court in the Republic of Ireland.
We regularly act for sole traders, partnerships, SMEs and large companies in relation to complex, high value disputes including the following:
- Breach of contract claims
- Enforcement of confidentiality agreements and confidentiality clauses
- Restraint of trade disputes
- Fraud and white collar crime
- IT and technology disputes
- Intellectual property disputes including copyright & trademark infringements and passing off
- Building disputes
- Agency agreement disputes
- Regulatory disputes
- Misrepresentation claims
- Challenges relating to insurance contracts and withdrawal of insurance cover